Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Birds of a Feather

Today is my wedding anniversary.  Four years married to the most wonderful man in the world.  I am a very lucky woman!  We actually met 6 years ago at - big suprise here - the gym.  I can remember seeing him there but being too shy to actually go up and speak to him.  Plus, it seemed very cliche to try and "chat up" someone at the gym.  Turns out, he was a little shy as well, so a mutual friend set us up on our first date. 

One of the many things that attracted me to my husband was his value of health and fitness.  Like me, he has struggled with his weight from time to time and knows how important exercise and a good diet are to being healthy.  Together, I hope we are instilling these values in our daughters.  They are both very active and hopefully will continue to be throughout their lives. 

I've had relationships in the past with people that did not share my value of fitness.  It can be difficult and sometimes even destructive.  I can remember being belittled and berated by my EX husband for spending time working out.  It is important to surround yourself with people that are on the same fitness page.  We need them for support and encouragement.  Some of my best friendships are ones that have grown from this common thread. 

I thank my husband today for his support and encouragement throughout the years.....for being my voice of reason when I tend to go overboard......for enduring countless hours of me practicing class choreography in our living room.....and for loving me no matter what I look like, or how many pounds I have gained or lost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment