Monday, March 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Obsession

I'm not sure when my obsession with peanut butter began - maybe it was when I was a child and my dad made the most amazing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - mixing equal parts of two simple ingredients and slathering 3 inches worth between two fluffy pieces of "light" bread.  That was just the beginning.....
peanut butter and jelly....peanut butter and nutella.....peanut butter and apples....peanut butter and celery..... peanut butter and cool whip (yes, cool whip).....but best of all - straight out of the jar.

Unfortunately, peanut butter cannot reside at my house.  You wouldn't set out a bottle of vodka in an alcoholic's kitchen right?  Same thing.  Peanut butter is not a bad thing, it just is for someone like me that wants to demolish the whole jar.  So, it's best that I not tempt myself with its presence. 

Now, all of that to tell you this - my wonderful little discovery at the Natural Food Store.  Btw - I love love love this place.  I am constantly finding little treats in there that make eating clean enjoyable.  I went in for my weekly shopping spree to pick up caramel flavored stevia (YUM!), baked apple chips (Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmmm!), and fruit strips (my husband refers to these as fruit jerkey) ....when I spied a tiny bottle of liquid flavoring - PEANUT BUTTER FLAVORING.  Mind you, there were other flavors, but I couldn't even tell you what they were.  These were tiny drops to add to your food.  0 calories, 0 sugar, 0 carb, 0 everything.  Add it to yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, smoothies, baked apples....the possibilities are endless!  They may not spread well on a sandwich, but I'm willing to overlook that :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds good--I'll have to check into that. Love the Natural Foods store, too!

Brinda said...

Just how many bottles of this delicacy does the Natural Food Store have in stock? The store should be afraid...very afraid.

Post a Comment