Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Fountain of Youth

There really is a fountain of youth.  I try and drink from it every day.  I read once that being physically fit takes 20 years off your chronological age.  20 YEARS!  That makes me practically a teenager again....well, at least in my 20's again!

I can't help but apply this trivia tidbit to a persons "mental" age as well.  We all know that exercise releases endorphins- the feel good stuff- in our body.  And being happy definitely takes 20 years off my mental age!  I thought about that this morning as I was having a great time in Zumba class.  Who has this much fun at 5:30 in the morning????  I attribute it to the endorphins, to the great music and mostly to the people in there dancing with me.

I LOVE it when the class really lets go - all pride and worries checked at the door.  Remember when you were little and you would dance or sing without inhibitions or insecurities?  That's what its like in there.   It doesn't matter if you are 20, 30, 40 or 50, let yourself go and allow yourself to make exercise fun.  You are never too old to dance like no one is watching!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment